Life

The Person Behind ScatteredConfetti [Blog-tember Challenge #1].

In an effort to share more about me and my life here on the blog and to give it a more personal touch (that I feel has been missing the past few months), the Blog-tember Challenge seemed like the perfect fit to get a start on this! Of course once the challenge is over, I won’t stop writing more personal posts. Just see this as the first try of getting some background info about me on here. 🙂

————————————————————————————————————-

Hey there 🙂 As I told you earlier today, a few days ago I decided to take part in the Blog-tember Challenge (you can read more about it here).

So, the first day of course is all about introducing yourself. Since this challenge might also bring a few new readers over here who do not know me (personally or via my blog/Instagram),  I think it will be nice to see who the person behind this blog is.

Blog-tember 2015 Challenge #1 | Introduction

I’m a 20-something crafter and language lover from Germany, currently working as a Spanish and English teacher. Besides English, Spanish and German, I also speak Italian (and I had Latin in school for 6 years..). I also started learning Portugues and Swedish but had to stop when I didn’t have enough time anymore. However, I can mostly read/understand Portugues and French. The next language on my list (and the one I definitely want to learn) is Catalán. My most “important” hobby (or the one I invest the most time, money and energy in :D) is scrapbooking, which to my “old” readers shouldn’t be a surprise 😉

I’m originally from Thuringia (Germany), but have lived near Frankfurt for the past eight years now. I’m living together with my fiancé who is my best travel companion and oftentimes the subject of my scrapbooking projects. I have also lived in Sant Cugat, near Barcelona for a few months and another four months on Tenerife. One of my (our) biggest dreams and a certain goal is it to move to Barcelona in a few years from now! 🙂

Whenever I am not working, you can either find me at my desk crafting or in a coffee shop (by my own or with my fiancé), preferably in Barcelona. For the past four years, we have been to our most favourite city in the world at least two (sometimes three) times a year and it always feels like coming home. But I won’t talk too much about this city, since there will be a prompt about the things I am passionate about in a few days 🙂

Blog-tember 2015 Challenge #1 | Introduction

To finish off this little introduction, here are some (relatively) short and quick to read fun facts about me:

• I run on coffee. I do like tea (in autumn/winter) but I absolutely love coffee.
  • My favourite “colours” in fashion/interior are black, gray and white. Just add in some metallic accents and I’m happy.
  • While I’m not much of a petrol head (I like driving and I especially like driving a nice car, but I don’t have to know everything about cars..), I absolutely love watching Top Gear (only the UK version – the US is just a bad copy..sorry). I’ve watched every episode multiple times.
  • I love languages and (especially in German) I’m a bit of a grammar-/spelling-geek. I hate it when even restaurant menus are filled with mistakes!
  • I can get quite obsessive with things. Let’s say I find a new TV series that I like, then it’s quite likely that I’ll watch all the episodes in as little time as possible.
  • When I find a song that I like, I tend to listen to it over and over on repeat.
  • I also almost always use the “shuffle” function when listening to music.
  • I don’t eat fish or seafood and it is likely that I won’t be hungry anymore if anyone near me eats “smelly” fish.
  • There are numbers that I like, numbers that I really dislike and such that I’m neutral towards. For example, I really don’t like 3, 7, 11, 14, 17, 19… but I like 5, 8, 12, 15, 18 and actually any number with 5 or 8 in it (except 55 or 88). This also means that I will put my alarm to 5:58am or 6:05am instead of 6am, for instance. Weird? Maybe. 😛

Alright, I can’t think of any more “facts” that you would like/need to know about me 😉 If you did an introduction of yourself on your blog, please leave a link, I’d like to get to know more about you!
I really hope to get to know some nice people and their blogs through this challenge! And even if you do not take part in it, leave a comment to say “hi”! 🙂

Share:
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

22 Comments

• Reply Hot Tea and the Empty Seat

love your blog! so cool that you are from Germany. my husband I love traveling and may make it around there one day! we are also wanting to get into languages more. since we want to teach our child Spanish since it's so often used around here (TN). can't wait to follow along!

September 1, 2015 at 2:34 pm
  • Reply Veronica Lee Burns

Oh my goodness, I love meeting fellow scrapbookers, I feel our kind is dying slowly with the introduction of books made online. (I still love those too, they have a place and time)
    You are SUPER impressive with your languages. Dang girl!

September 1, 2015 at 3:30 pm
  • Reply I Will Bloom

Love your intro. I also do the 'not a round number' alarm clock thing….when I need to use an alarm clock, it's always set for 5:58! Love the fact you're a scrapbooker (there appear to be a number of us Blog-temberers who are scrappers too!)…..and I *love* Barcelona (can't wait for your detailed post about that). Helen (http://www.iwillbloom.wordpress.com)

September 1, 2015 at 4:08 pm
  • Reply Birgit K.

Das Foto vor der blau/lila Wand von dir ist so schön!!
    Da ich ja nun auch an der Challenge teilnehme, werde ich wohl diverse englische Blogposts lesen. Ich hoffe, dass ich nicht nach ein paar Tagen schon aufgebe. 😉 Ich empfinde es nämlich eher als anstrengend englische Blogs zu lesen… aber es gibt da immer soooo viele schöne Dinge zu entdecken. 😉

Liebe Grüße,
    die Birgit

September 1, 2015 at 6:27 pm
  • Reply Rachel Dawson

So fun to connect with new friends through this challenge, especially ones in other countries 🙂 I am DYING to travel to Barcelona (and Spain in general someday)– seems like an incredible place! So good to "meet" you!

September 1, 2015 at 6:30 pm
  • Reply Charlotte Cornes

Ooh I like your blog! I also love scrapbooking 😊 I look forward to getting to know you more 💜

September 1, 2015 at 6:31 pm
  • Reply Maria

Me ha encantado saber un poquito más de ti, y qué bien poder comentarte en español sabiendo que lo entiendes!!! y si et sembla fins i tot en català!!! espero que vuelvas pronto a Barcelona y así poder tomar un café juntas!!!
    PD. Yo también soy de esas que pone el despertador a las 8:06 o 7:52 😉

September 1, 2015 at 10:38 pm
  • Reply Morgan Stinson

So cool that you love languages and know so many – I only know English. Maybe someday I'll learn Italian, or maybe even American Sign Language! Looking forward to following along on the #blogtember challenge with you! 🙂

September 1, 2015 at 11:00 pm
  • Reply Sandra

Sehr coole Vorstellung und bei deinen Fun Facfts musste ich total schmunzeln, da sind wir uns teilweise ziemlich ähnlich scheinbar *gggg* In der Arbeit klebt auf meinem Monitor ein Label "Rechtschreibnazi", weil ich immer alles und jeden ausbessern muss 😉 Das Schlimme ist, dass sich das inzwischen nicht mehr nur auf Deutsch beschränkt, obwohl ja nur das meine Muttersprache ist *lol*
    Sag, wir sollen ja am 23. einen Gastblogger unseren Blog übernehmen lassen. Hättest du Lust, einen Post für meinen Blog zu schreiben? 😉 Würde mich voll freuen!
    LG Sandra

September 2, 2015 at 5:54 am
  • Reply Caylee

Heyyyyyy.

I do that number thing too, but 5 is one I can't stand. I also do it with the microwave and TV volume. We're a bunch of weirdos, aren't we?

September 2, 2015 at 8:48 am
  • Reply Kathleen

Haha, I do this too! The microwave, TV and radio volume.. S. was in a personal dilemma when he picked our engagement date because he knew I dislike the number 27 (we got engaged on the 27th of March) but on the 28th it was supposed to rain. And since a lot of his plan happened outside he had to decide what was more important: the number or the weather 😀

September 2, 2015 at 9:48 am
  • Reply Kathleen

Hey there 🙂 Nice to have you here on my blog! Your plan of teaching your kid Spanish sounds great! I think it's important to know more languages than only your mother tongue, especially in a world that gets more and more connected!

September 2, 2015 at 9:49 am
  • Reply Kathleen

Thank you!! Always great to meet other crafty people around the interwebs! 🙂

September 2, 2015 at 9:50 am
  • Reply Kathleen

Vielen Dank, liebe Birgit!! 🙂 Hab deinen Post auch schon gelesen, und bin schon auf mehr gespannt! Find ich super, dass du "trotzdem" mitmachst, auch wenn es nicht in Englisch ist.
    Ich hab auch schon überlegt, ob ich die Posts jeweils auf Deutsch und Englisch verfasse, aber das ist doch ganz schön viel Arbeit.. und die Zeit habe ich momentan leider nicht.

Liebe Grüße! 🙂

September 2, 2015 at 9:51 am
  • Reply Kathleen

Yes, you definitely should!! And to give you some more eye-candy, you'll find some photos of some of my favourite BCN-places in today's blogpost 🙂

September 2, 2015 at 12:52 pm
  • Reply Kathleen

Thanks so much Charlotte! Always happy to meet other crafty/scrappy people! 🙂

September 2, 2015 at 12:53 pm
  • Reply Kathleen

Thanks so much, Helen! Ha, how funny that you do the number-thing too! 😀 If you are interested in Barcelona, you will get to read/see lots more this month on here – this city is (apart from my fiancé and scrapbooking) my biggest passion!

September 2, 2015 at 12:54 pm
  • Reply Kathleen

Sign Language sounds really interesting!! I also thought about learning this someday as well!

September 2, 2015 at 12:54 pm
  • Reply Kathleen

Gracias Maria!! 🙂 Síii, la proxima vez que estoy en Barcelona tenemos que tomar un café juntas!! 🙂

September 2, 2015 at 12:55 pm
  • Reply Kathleen

Haha, ich weiß was du meinst. Bei vielen englischen Posts kriege ich zum Teil auch die Krise!! (Vor allem wenn sie von Englisch-Muttersprachlern stammen. Meine sind garantiert auch nicht perfekt und fehlerfrei, aber für mich ist es schließlich auch eine Fremdsprache 😉 )
    Und natürlich auch bei deutschen. Ich kann das auch einfach nicht abschalten. Egal wo wir sind oder lang laufen, ich würd am liebsten mit einem Rotstift alles korrigieren was ich finde 😀

Zum Gastpost: oooh, vielen Dank, dass du mich einlädst auf deinem Blog zu schreiben!! Das würde ich sehr gerne machen! Ich schreib dir später mal 'ne Mail.. 😉

September 2, 2015 at 12:59 pm
  • Reply KaRonna Bass

You're the first person I've ever heard to share my strange number thing! I never think to tell people about it because it's so strange. My husband just says it's odd like me haha. How fun!

September 5, 2015 at 5:38 am
  • Reply Stefanie

Das mit den Zahlen find ich ziemlich lustig! Musste gerade schmunzeln, als ich das las. Solche kleinen Obsessionen finde ich immer spannend über andere zu erfahren.

September 12, 2015 at 9:22 pm