In an effort to share more about me and my life here on the blog and to give it a more personal touch (that I feel has been missing the past few months), the Blog-tember Challenge seemed like the perfect fit to get a start on this! Of course once the challenge is over, I won’t stop writing more personal posts. Just see this as the first try of getting some background info about me on here. 🙂
- Keep Your Head Up – Ben Howard. | This song makes me feel lighter, happier and carefree for the time I listen to it. Whenever you feel down, just put on this song and sing the words “Keep your head up, keep your heart strong” as loud as you can. I promise, it will make you feel better!
- Barcelona – George Ezra. | This one probably doesn’t surprise anyone. This song, for me, is just perfection. It’s one of those songs that makes your heart ache a little bit, but in a good way.
- Skinny Love – Bon Iver. | Bon Iver. He’s a genius. Seeing him live would be a dream come true. His music is so..different. Honest. Delicate. Simply beautiful.
- Skin – BOY. | BOY is a female singer-songwriter duo from Germany/Austria. I love their authenticity and down to earth-ness. I recommend you listen to their live/acoustic songs – these are even better than the studio versions.
- Hungry – Dotan. | I just recently discovered this singer/band and now I can’t stop listening to his music. Again, a really talented live singer. Going to one of his concerts is on my list for sure!
- Candles – Daughter. | Hauntingly beautiful song and voice. Nothing more to say about that.
- Left Hand Free – Alt-J. | I love Alt-J, even more since I had the chance to see them live in February this year (if you should get the chance to go to one of their concerts, do it!). I love to listen to this song when the weather is nice, the sun is shining and I’m driving home from work with the windows pulled down and this song on the radio.
- Conrad – Ben Howard. | Yes, another Ben Howard song. I love his music (saw him live too and I will go to his concerts whenever I can. One of the best live musicians there is). This guy is so unbelievably talented. You should really watch one of the YouTube videos (like this one) where you see him (and his band) play live – it will make you admire his music even more. He’s a bit of a guitar wizard.*
- Ship to Wreck – Florence + the Machine. | For me Florence ranks among the most talented and unique female singers of the 21st century, together with Adele. If you want to do yourself a favour, listen to her concert at the Royal Albert Hall. Do it.
- Stay Alive – José Gonzalez. | This is one of the songs of the “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” soundtrack and by far the best one. José Gonzalez, like Bon Iver and Ben Howard, make music that is so delicate and authentic. I can’t describe with words what it does with my heart.